My latest in a series of the weekly, or more often, summary of interesting links I come across related to Visual Studio.
Channel 9 Stuff:
- Drag-Drop Data Binding Comes to WPF in Visual Studio 2010
- This Week on C9- The Thanksgiving Episode
- Rico Mariani- Visual Studio Today, Tomorrow and Beyond – Your Questions Answered
- CodePlex Town Hall at PDC 2008
- Expert to Expert- Erik Meijer and Jeffrey Snover – Inside PowerShell
- Jeffrey Richter and his AsyncEnumerator
- This Week on C9- Live Wave 3, Coding4Fun – the book, Johnny Chung Lee, and Rise
VisualSVN recently released VisualSVN 1.6, a subversion source control provider for Visual Studio. Upgrades are free for those who have purchased previously.
Gilad Lavian posted an Add-in which will add an option to start a new instance of your project detached from the VS debugger.
Greg Duncan posted a link to the announcement that Wix 3.0 is now in beta.
The VB Team has a posted an article about the many ways to insert a snippet into your code.
Jim Springfield described how to inherit from a Native C++ Class in C#.
The Web Developer Tools Team has posted a new tip: Did you know…How to create Nested Master Pages using VS 2008?
- Workaround available for Bug – MFC CDialogEx::SetBackgroundColor with Themes and Common Controls 6.
- Info – Also applies to 2005 – ATL – DLL exporting C++ classes derived from ATL base classes
VS2005 KB: Hotfix available for You may receive an access violation error message when you run an MFC application that contains an ActiveX Control inside a Tab control in Visual Studio 2005 Service Pack 1
Carlos Quintero described The strange case of Visual Studio 2008 severely crashing loading an add-in.