My latest in a series of the weekly, or more often, summary of interesting links I come across related to Visual Studio.
Sara Ford’s Tip of the Day #368 tells us that double clicking on the properties folder under a project in solution explorer will open the project properties.
The US ISV Developer Evangelism Team announced that the Visual Studio 2010 & .NET 4.0 Training Kit is now available. Also, there are some discounts on Team System 2008 Team Suite and the MSDN subscriptions currently running.
Scott Guthrie posted a new summary of links for ASP.NET, ASP.NET Dynamic Data, ASP.NET AJAX, ASP.NET MVC, Visual Studio, and Silverlight/WPF (Dec 2nd links).
Sara Ford’s Tip of the Day #369 explains that you can navigate between the project properties tabs with Ctrl+PgUp and Ctrl+PgDn.
Miguel de Icaza announced that Moonlight 1.0 Beta 1 has been released.
Rick Strahl has posted part 2 of his series on using jQuery with ASP.NET.
Sara Ford’s Tip of the Day #370 is a macro that outputs the key bindings for all Visual Studio commands.
The US ISV Developer Evangelism Team announced that the Beta for Service Pack 2 for Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 is now available (for the very brave only).
The Web Developer Tools Team announced that VS Spell Checker 2.2 has been released. Support now for VS2008 SP1.
Charles Sterling posted More Getting Started content for VSTS.
The Windows SDK Team is looking for feedback: How should web-based and client apps work in future versions of Windows?
The VB Team posted a summary of Code Focused Development in Visual Studio 2010 (improvements).
Sara Ford’s Tip of the Day #371 explains how to remove items from the Recent Projects and Recent Files menus.
Phil Haack posted a description of Known Installations Issues with ASP.NET MVC.
The Web Developer Tools Team has posted a few new tips:
- Tip #31: Did you know… How to have user friendly URL using IIS 7.0 URL Rewrite module?
- Tip #32: Did you know… How to easily create your own project templates?
Sara Ford’s Tip of the Day #372 explains how to create toolbar buttons to quickly toggle your favorite VS Settings.
VS2008 KB: Also applies to 2005. MenuStrip may expand the first ToolStripMenuItem for any Access Key
- Hotfix available for An incorrect result is generated when you use the optimization option in floating-point code in Visual C++ 2005 SP1.
- Hotfix available for The return time may be one hour ahead of the real value when you call the “localtime” function in Microsoft Visual C++ 2005.
- The strange case of add-in setup not detecting running instances of Visual Studio 2008 on Windows Vista
- The strange case of toolwindow not showing when the add-in is loaded on startup
DiveDeeper’s Blog continues the LearnVSXNow! series with 2 new posts:
- Working with Hierarchies Part 4 – Hierarchy Windows
- Working with Hierarchies Part 5 – Managed Classes for Custom Hierarchies