My latest in a series of the weekly, or more often, summary of interesting links I come across related to Visual Studio.
Channel 9 Stuff:
- This Week on C9- New Live Search features, freebies, why TDD fails and Duke Nukem
- Norman Guadagno- Announcing Visual Studio Team System 2010
Greg Duncan posted a link to a good post on Charting a course for TFS “Rosario”.
Scott Guthrie announced that the Silverlight 2 Release Candidate is now available. Scott also announced that Microsoft will ship jQuery with Visual Studio going forward.
- Tip of the Day #321 covers using the XML Visualizer to view XML.
- Tip of the Day #322 covers using the HTML Visualizer to view HTML.
- Tip of the Day #323 covers configuring the IDE to save your files before building.
The Web Developer Tools Team posted a summary of the Silverlight Tips of the Day for Week 7.
The US ISV Developer Evangelism Team posted the news that the Development Edition and Database Editions of Team System “Rosario” will ship together.
Brad Abrams wrote a Simple Introduction to Extensible Applications with the Managed Extensions Framework.
The Windows SDK team explained what changed in the WinSDK in VS2008 SP1.
Charles Sterling posted links for giving feedback and getting help on Rosario.
VS2008 KB: Workaround available for Upgrading projects from VC2005/VC2003 to VC2008 may not properly port /O2 switch.
Gareth wants to know if anyone is using T4’s support for calling the VS service from unmanaged code. Speak up because it is going away if you don’t.