My latest in a series of the weekly, or more often, summary of interesting links I come across related to Visual Studio.
Greg Duncan announced the release of SlickEdit Tools 2.0.2.
Channel 9 Stuff:
- This Week on Channel 9: Clint Rutkas stops by, Project Velocity, Live Writer SDK, C9 bytes on IIS 7.0 and F#, and shameless self-promotion.
- Stephan T. Lavavej from the VC++ Team gives a talk on STL Iterator Debugging and Secure SCL.
- BlueHat: Manuel Caballero & Fukami on scripts, cross-domain attacks, and Flash/Silverlight security.
- BlueHat: Cesar Cerrudo on token kidnapping in Windows.
- C9 Bytes: Alex Turner showing the evolution of C#.
- C9 Bytes: Lisa Feigenbaum on Visual Basic 2008 IDE Enhancements.
- This Week on C9: Live Mesh, Popfly, Microspotting, Poker bots & more.
A hotfix is available (before kb entry at this point so you need to contact support) for 100% CPU in vbc.exe when compiling large vb.net web applications in Microsoft Visual Studio 2008.
Sara Ford’s Tip of the Day #243 covers adding your own files to the Import/Export Settings – Reset page list.
Phil Haack posted a nice tip on Visual Studio Smart Tag Expansion.
Via Jason Haley: Ade Miller has posted a PowerShell script to start/stop Visual Studio and the associated services.