My latest in a series of the weekly, or more often, summary of interesting links I come across related to Visual Studio.
Greg Duncan has posted several good links:
- Wit It! is an Outlook Add-In for TFS Work Item Alerts
- All the Windows 7 Beta Toolkits
- SQL Server 2008 Management Studio Express has been released
- TFSPlus is an Addin for Visual Studio that provides useful extensions for Source Control operations against TFS.
Miguel de Icaza announced that MonoDevelop 2.0 Beta 1 has been released.
The Web Developer Tools Team:
- IIS7 Load Balancing & Routing Module Now Available!
- Web Packaging: Creating web packages using MSBuild
- VSDoc for jQuery 1.3.2 Now Available
The US ISV Developer Evangelism Team posted links to Getting Started with Azure Services Platform “How Do I” Videos.
The Visual C++ Team has written about MFC Restart Manager Support in VS2010.
Jason Zander posted some screenshots of the VS2010 IDE changes including the new Extension Manager.
The Visual Studio Profiler Team announced that a patch has been released to fix sampling on Intel Core i7 processors.
New Video Tips from Scott Cate:
- #50 How not to accidentally copy a blank line in Visual Studio
- #51 How to cycle through the clipboard ring to paste different items?
- #52 How to enable URL Click Navigation in the VS Editor
- #53 How to enable Emacs and Brief editor emulations?
- #54 How to set a bookmark and navigate among them
- #55 Navigate Bookmark folders in the Bookmark Window
- #56 Show Shortcut Keys in Visual Studio Toolbar Tooltips
New on Visual Studio Gallery:
- ComponentOne LiveLinq is a class library that adds to the functionality of LINQ and increases query performance.
- Telerik Sitefinity CMS – Community Edition
- Extended Strongly Typed Resource Generator
Channel 9 Stuff:
- Creating a modular application using Prism V2 – Screencast 1/4 : Creating a shell and modules
- Creating a modular application using Prism V2 – Screencast 2/4 : Visual Composition
- Creating a modular application using Prism V2 – Screencast 3/4 : Implementing views and services
- Creating a modular application using Prism v2 – Screencast 4/4 : Decoupled Communication
- 10-4 Episode 10- Making Web Deployment Easier
- This Week on C9- TechFest, Windows 7, Dev Tools, and WPF in Visual Studio 2010